Glass Painting – Paint on glass
Glass painting is currently one of the fastest growing crafts in UK. The subject glass painting is so vast that one can just go on writing about it
glass painting,lass paint,traditional glass paints
Have you ever heard about glass painting? Glass painting is currently one of the fastest growing crafts in UK. The subject glass painting is so vast that one can just go on writing about it.
Painting on glass is different from painting on a book. They are different ways to paint on glass, ranging from using traditional oil paints to specialized glass paints. Traditional glass painting is painting done on the surface of a glass sheet. This type of method was followed to add minute details to faces and fold of clothing which couldn’t be added with the lead lines. Traditional glass painting is actually more of drawing than painting.
Types of Traditional Glass Paints are
• Vinegar Trace Paint
• Matt Paint
• Silver Paint
• Oil based stained glass paints
Glass Painting can also be done with paints that used to paint other surfaces. Some of the best examples would be oil paints, acrylic paints, model paints or automobile paints. Glass painting can be brushed by hand but air brushing can help you with better results.
Glass Paint Instructions:
• Select the right glass
• Clean the glass dry and place it over the top of pattern. Trace the pattern with a pencil with firm pressure.
• Apply liquid lead following the lines of the pattern under the glass. It would always be advisable to apply the lead from the center and work to outside.
• Mix stains and colors well. Always add dark colors to light colors
• Blend and shade with glass stain
How to clean up Glass Paints?
• Use a thinner or a cleaner to clean brushes, eyedroppers or airbrushes.
• Use Lacquer base glass paint or Lacquer based crystal paint to clean off your hands.
• Lacquer Paints are the best option to pat dry your hands than a cleaner.